What We Do
All our members are independent advice agencies within the not-for-profit sector and provide free advice and assistance in social welfare law. This means that we can help with problems related to welfare benefits, debt, housing, employment, community care and immigration. We know that people needing advice with these kinds of issues are often unsure where to go for help. Our members are committed to providing high-quality advice. If one member agency is unable to help with the particular problem, they will find the best source of help through our referral network.
Advice Leicester aims to:
- Improve access to advice so that problems can be resolved at an early stage
- Integrate advice services with other types of help, and create a co-ordinated programme of support for individuals at all levels – from form-filling to representation at courts and tribunals
- Enhance the capacity of advice services by training volunteers to help with form-filling
- Ensure that people in Leicester know about the changes being implemented through the welfare reform programme and how this may impact on their lives
- Help shape the future of free advice services by securing new sources of funding and developing new strategic partnerships